“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than him”, so we pet owners strive our best to provide the utmost comfort to our loved ones. It’s not so easy to buy a cot for our pup. We have to undergo various reviews and studies before selecting a dog bed. You can check here in Business Insider which says that your dog is not just a pet but it is a family member and it’s your duty to provide a cosy and healthy bed for the pet.
Basic tips – Merits and demerits of different dog bed
Several types of dog bed are available. As we have our own choice, dogs too have their own.
- Nest dog bed for the small and medium-sized breed.
- Cot-style bed for long-haired dogs that have a tendency to overheat.
- Corner bed is for that owner who has less space and has a small breed dog.
- An orthopaedic bed is for aged dogs suffering from arthritis and joint problem.
- A recycled bed is for those owners who are looking for durability.
- An organic bed is better for dog health and also eco-friendly.
- Cedar filled bed are for those owners who want to avoid dog smell.
- Cosy cave bed is for those small pups who want to get burrowed and feel secure and warm.
You can check here in the Canine journal which says that smaller dogs with less hair are likely to feel chilly so they need a comfort zone much faster. Elderly dogs can also go for cot style bed which provides the ease of cleaning. You should also be aware that cedar filled beds enhance allergy to your pet. Cotton filled beds are much more cosy and healthy. Lots of variables are available in the market but you should make a perfect choice.
You can check here in Mayo Clinic Sleep Study which says that most of the dog owners suffer from sleep disorder as their pet sleep in their bed every night. So to maintain your private space you can purchase a dog bed which is pocket-friendly too. These beds are washable and often durable. Like humans, dogs too suffer from health issues and beds according to their need might cure their ailment. Dogs with arthritis problem need a bed which provides push up and don’t allow the body of the dog to sink in the bed. Sometimes elderly dogs with continence issue can use a cot style bed so that they can be cleaned properly. As we humans need love and care in all stages of life, dogs too need love and care for all ages.